Sunday 24 July 2022

Chaos at Dover

During the last few days, there has been chaos at Dover because many Brits were trying to go on holiday but they were being held up by the added delays caused by Brexit. They have to get visas stamped onto their passports to enter the continent, the passports have to be hand checked before as well by a passport inspector. They can't use those automatic scanner things. 

I never really had a strong view about brexit. I always oppose political unions between trading blocks and counties, I see it as a way to hand over democratic powers to a bureaucracy. I think it's wrong to share a supreme court with other states as well. If the EU remained a trading block only, I would have voted to remain. 

I don't like seeing the Celtic nations lose interest in the Kingdom and the possibility of Britain becoming a two state Island in the future. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...