Wednesday 27 July 2022

James Webb Hard at Work

I was keeping an eye on the James Webb blog on the NASA website. It seems they were surprised by some of the findings. They didn't expect galaxies to form into a flattened disk shape so early, as soon as they formed, they were disk shaped. I never knew that was even a topic, I never knew they were debating the shape and structure of Galaxies when they were first formed. 

I was wondering when they were going to point the thing towards Proxima Centauri, the nearest star to the sun that is about 4.2 light years away. It is known to have at least 1 rocky earth like planet. Then there is Trappist 1, the small star with many planets close to it. Wouldn't it be interesting to look at those worlds? Wouldn't it be high priority? 

There is so much to learn, so many things to discover. It is amazing, I don't have to do much, just look at the website and read the blogs. The scientists are doing all the work. 

Blog Archive

Bus Day

Jacob, my son.  I recently learned that one of the bus companies where we live will close down their depot. This means the routes they run w...