Yesterday evening it rained for a few hours, it was the first time it rained in England for many weeks. The petrichor was lovely, the best smell in the world yet it stinks. Nothing else quite like it. The smell of wet soil that had been dry for a long time. It could be the reason people build a veranda around their house. They could sit there and sip tea on their porch while it's raining and breathe in all that fresh air with an earthy smell.
I am Alan Booth, an ordinary British Man . I'm not one of the famous people that have the same name as me, just an ordinary guy. Welcome to my main blog, a true reliable record of history from the perspective of an ordinary man, a place filled with my thoughts; perhaps my thoughts will persist longer on here than in my brain itself. My twitter I.D. is @alspresso.
Friday, 21 August 2026
Ages Well
I noticed there is one thing that ages very well is RPG computer games, you can play 'Role Play Games' that were made in the '90s and they would feel as good as many RPG games you find in the shops today. An RPG is a video game that behaves like a board game, you gather items and move through a world and they are usually turn based. You could have an emulator, the platformer games would drag on and feel dry but RPG games stay in good playing form because they were never about the graphics and sounds in the first place.
Blog Archive
Ages Well
I noticed there is one thing that ages very well is RPG computer games, you can play 'Role Play Games' that were made in the '90...
-
I went to Canary Wharf yesterday to see the winter lights. They call it a warf but it is no longer used as a dock and the whole river penins...
-
I recently learned that the elected labour party of Britain had prepared a budget; a plan for how public spending will be gathered and divid...
-
I was wondering earlier if the name Geoffrey would be out of use in 50 years from now, if it were, would people wonder why? They would say i...