Sunday, 16 August 2026

Two Derailments

I learnt yesterday that another train derailed, the tracks were buckled because they expanded excessively in the heat. 

When I was younger, I didn't think global warming was a problem, I thought the fossil fuels would run out before global warming had become a serious problem. I think I'm wrong now because we had a winter without much frost, 5 heat waves and 1 drought. This isn't a one-off, it happens regularly. Every year now we are having droughts and bizarre weather. 
I noticed that regions with a lot of drought were facing stronger earthquakes. It was as if the fault lines themselves were not getting lubricated and extra force was unjamming them according to my own unproven speculations.

The whole planet is reacting to human activity. Climate change is real. 
  

Blog Archive

Two Derailments

I learnt yesterday that another train derailed, the tracks were buckled because they expanded excessively in the heat.  When I was younger, ...