Friday, 7 August 2026

Mega HMP thought

The thing that is most relevant these days in Britain is  some criminals are being let out early because we're running out of space in our jails. Sometimes they even let out murderers before they let out thieves: don't ask me why, I have no idea. 
We might need to build what I call Mega HMPs (mega his majesty's prisons). We may need to build tower block with more than 50 floors filled with prison cells. 

If we did, I would advise making the standard cells  bigger than normal, I would make them U shaped and interlocking  so they share water lines with a slightly partitioned toilet and another slightly portioned sitting area and work space to give them some dignity and encourage them into a new profession. I would also add oubliette type cells, they would be small box cells that are a hole in the floor and the door to the cell is the ceiling. Those cells would be for shoplifters to stay for 3 days or people that commit crimes in prison to stay for a month. 

A prison in my world would be to rehabilitate offenders into a new lifestyle.

Blog Archive

Mega HMP thought

The thing that is most relevant these days in Britain is  some criminals are being let out early because we're running out of space in o...