Games are worlds to explore and puzzles to solve. They are trance and escape on demand. I play video games for a little happy hour or reward for getting through the day. I also play netflix in the background while I do chores to listen to detective stories, the software knows what I like and gathers more of it. I play it but I'm usually just listening to what they're saying, I'm listening to the story instead of actually watching it.
I was looking at the evercade cartridges library, there are plenty of dungeon based RPG and click control story based games in the library, plenty of stuff to keep me busy. Hopefully I will get many years of happy memories from my new games console.
It could also help with small talk, I could ask other people if they use evercade consoles and they could talk to me about what they like. Perhaps I could talk to people about old computer games I played in the past. The other thing is when visitors come over, I have something I can talk about to them, it is like an ice breaker for conversations. The thing looks very cool to me.
The Rougecoft dx cartridge looks very interesting, perhaps I could get that one after I play the broken sword collection and the full void game. Plus they have all the duke nukem games I never got around to playing at the turn of the millennium.