Monday 25 May 2020

Wheels to go

Since the Spring lockdown of 2020, I have noticed that car drivers are driving faster than ever because the roads are more empty. I try to follow the speed limits because it reduces the chances of an accident. I have seen many crashed cars on the side of the road and some were flipped upside down. Sometimes when I am driving I see cars approaching behind me at about 30mph and I am driving at 30mph so they are traveling at 60mph, twice the speed limit. 

In my little world there is no such thing as wasted time on the roads because I play audio CDs of language lessons. I learn Spanish while I drive. My car is literally a classroom on wheels and I have learnt most my Spanish from my car. 

I imagined the other day what a steering wheel would look like if I designed it. Well, I can tell you it would look awesome. The middle part of the steering wheel wouldn't rotate at all and it would house all the instruments, speedometer, rev speed, warning lights along side the air bag. The outside rim of the steering wheel would rotate freely and it would have rubber grooves on it. If I could I would even put cruise control buttons on it so you can press a speed and take your foot off the accelerator pedal. It would have several speeds in increments of 10mph or 10kph.

Nice little thought to have.  

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...