Tuesday 12 May 2020

Super Daydream expanded

In a previous post I wrote about a daydream that I use as a tool to make me sleep or displace anxiety. It was so effective that I want to write more about it again.  I wasn't anxious this time, I was just wrestling with my self to sleep. Thinking about needing to sleep can cause the opposite to happen. 

It would seem silly to share it but it was very constructive and it is a favourite daydream of mine. I focused on one part of the daydream, a hidden metro rail system. 

If I was to build my dream home It would be a veranda house, a house with a porch that goes all the way around the building. All the floors of the house would be offset inwards slightly so it would look a bit like an Aztec pyramid, but with a veranda porch at the bottom. At bit like that. 
But all the way around. The inner walls would have a small space between them for 3 reasons. Insulation, ventilation and to harbour a small metro rail system. The metro rail would be on a slight slope so it would climb all four floors, basement, ground floor, bedroom floor and top floor with the happy zone (man cave and work shop). 

Why would I make a small hidden metro rail system in my custom build house? It would be both practical and fun. I park my car in the basement and it would be filled with drinks for the bar in my man cave, carrying boxes of cola and beer up 4 floors is a lot of work so I would use the train. Then there is the fun part. This would be on different levels, if you look at the house you would not know there is a metro rail system because it is hidden, I could have a guest in the sitting room and say let's take the train to my man cave called the happy zone. He would say, "what train?" I would say open that cupboard, he opens the cupboard to see it is not a cupboard but an entrance to a small train station, with all the fittings of a metro train station. He would see a small tack and tiled walls. There would be a map with four stations and an L.E.D display. I would look at the man's face an see the surprise. Then the tiny train would come into the station with four small cars that are only big enough for one person to sit in them. The surprise on the man's face would be so cool. 

Then there would be the fun of desiging it and slowly adding all the fittings. Knowing me, the train wouldn't actually run on the tracks but use the tracks to keep the train on path and the train would just be modified warehouse trolleys that have a body welded to them with doors that open and shut like train doors and an electric motor would be added that moves the train. 

Anyway, what I am saying is there was so many details in this daydream that it displaced all the throughts that were stopping me from sleeping and I was asleep within 15 minutes. 

My daydream was silly and constructive at the same time.

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...