Wednesday 26 August 2020

Why the Bar Alan?

I imagined a time in the future when I was able to create my in-house bar and had a conversation with a visitor. 
Visitor...  Alan, why is there a Bar in your sitting room?
Me... It's an Alan thing.
Visitor... What's the point? 
Me... Well, it works just like any Bar, you can sit down on a stall then have a nice cold soft-drink or Beer, plus those mini 90's consoles on the table actually work. 
Visitor... So you made a bar where you can play 90's flash back games consoles and have a nice cool drink at the same time. 
Me...  Yes, plus there is a coffee machine there in case you prefer Tea or Coffee. 
Visitor... Why are the mini games consoles purched on wooden boxes? 
Me... That is to protect them from spilt drinks. 
Visitor... If the theme of the bar is 90s Gaming then why is there a Turbo Grafix 16 mini there, wasn't the turbo Graphics 16 released in 1987? 
Me... Yes, but the turbo Grafix 16 had a 16 bit graphics processor and most of the games on it were made in the 90s. Plus, the mini flashback console is full of side scrolling shooter games. I'm a sucker for side scrolling shooter games, you can't tell if they are 8 bit or 16 bit, because there is loads of tosh happening, this is especially true of the Capcom games like giga wings, Capcom also made all the street fighter games that we all know so well and they also released a two person arcade consol made with their logo, it looks off the wall but it is so cool. 
Me... What I am saying the turbo Grafix 16 belongs in the 90s, they just jumped the gun and released it early. Plus there is a golf game on there, I have never played a golf game I don't like. You really need to look up TurboGrafx 16 mini on you tube to see what I am talking about. 
Visitor... Why isn't the PlayStation 1 there then, wasn't that from the 90s? 
Me... It will be there, I'm just waiting for them to iron out the creases. The emulator on the PS1 mini isn't smooth and the games collection is missing tomb raiser, spyro the dragon and crash bandicoot. 
Visitor... This must have been expensive. 
Me...  Sort of, I am building it bit by bit, excuse the pun. It started out as a high table with shelving behind, then I added 2 stool chairs. Then I added another high table and pushed them together then another stool and then the TV screen and mini sega mega drive. I spread the load over a long time and people buy presents for my bar on my birthday and Christmas, things like the novelty bar light sign on the sheving and the little Mario brothers doll. 
Visitor... Why in the sitting room? 
Me... Where else? my home is small.
Visitor... When you are able to buy a house with an extra room then it would be a proper man cave and you could add a pool table. 
Me... That is what I was thinking, but for now it will just have to be in the sitting room. Anyway the bar stools rotate so you can watch TV. 
Visitor...  Very cool. Let's play Chill. 

Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...