Tuesday 25 August 2020

Windy Day

Jacob, My son. The things that are relevant to your time as a toddler is Bamboo, Illegal immigrants and machines playing dumb. I will explain. 

When we go to the shops I notice more and more products are being made with Bamboo plant fibers. Bamboo looks and feels like wood but it isn't wood, it is in the grass family. I see tooth brushes made of bamboo, coffee cups, boxes, all sorts of things like that. Plastic is the devil's material so Bamboo is the ethical breakthrough to replace it. 

Very often I see on the news immigrants coming into the UK on small boats. I don't have any negative feelings towards them, I think there are bigger issues like the cost of living and the £2 trillion UK debt, I think that is the highest amount of dept the UK has ever had. 

The other thing is machines playing dumb, my radio can pick up DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting). The entire signal on DAB turns on an off in pulses to encode characters that describe how to assemble the sound. A micro processor is required to interpret the code, this means my radio is actually a computer that pretends to be a transistor radio. Another example is the retro flashback consoles. The emulator that upscales the graphics for modern TVs uses more computing power then the original system that is displaying, so when you are playing a mini sega, you are actually using a powerful computer that is pretending to be an old sega mega drive. It is doing several times more work than the original system ever did to make that game work on modern TV sets, adding pixels and smoothing out the graphics, things like that. 


Blog Archive

Oubliette For Brats

If there is a day when artificial intelligence becomes sly against mankind and robots cast all people into a giant dungeon underground, I th...